India faces a stretch hot summer every year. Well, this is exactly when air conditioners come into the picture and provide relief. Understanding the importance and usage, we information you through buying an air conditioner.
So, here are the factors and suggestions on how people should buy an AC. This air conditioner buying suggestions and information will help you get the best one in your budget.
Types of Air Conditioners
The very first step is to figure out if you want a Window AC or a Split unit. Mentioned here the advantages of both the types:
Benefits of Window ACs:
•Easier to be installed as compared to Split ACs. You wouldn’t need to drill walls to conceal air tubes.
•Ideal for smaller rooms where the area can be a constraint, but the room must have a window.
•Can additionally be used to stay warm during winters, most models provide built-in heaters as well.
Benefits of Split ACs
• Cools down quicker because it has wide blowers that push out higher volumes of cool air
• The compressor makes less noise and condenser are positioned outside
• Doesn’t require the room to have a window, can be fit on any wall
The capacity of the AC
Choosing the proper size of the air conditioner can be slightly tricky. A large sized air conditioner can cool the room faster but may consume a lot of electricity, whereas, a smaller air conditioner needs to work hard to cool the room, consumes a lot of electricity, even though it is not able to cool the room efficiently.
AC capacity depends on the size of the room space. In India, the Air Conditioner size is rated in tonnes and here we have summarized the required AC size based totally on room square foot area.
ACs with higher star ratings can cost a little more however consumes a lot lesser electricity, thereby saving money on your electricity bill in the lengthy run.
Most brand air conditioners come with star ratings ranging from star 1 to star 5. So, the greater the star, the decreased the power consumption.
For example, a 5-star air conditioner will consume less energy as compared to a 3 star AC.
Air Conditioner Price
For at least some time back, air conditioners were viewed as a luxury product. But because of the rise in its demand because of the rising global warming, this has become a high-demand product. Nowadays, one can easily get a brand new air conditioner at pretty a reasonable price. The price of 1 ton AC starts from Rs 22,000 and goes up to Rs 35,000.
On the other hand, the vary of 1.5 ton runs between Rs 30,000 to Rs 45,000 while 40k to 52k can gift you 2 tonnage weighing AC. If you like to have an inverter one, you should extend your price range a little more.
Other features that you can look out for AC:
1. From Anti-bacteria filters to auto-clean features and copper coils. Pick the right mix of features. As the Anti-Bacterial Filter eliminates tiny damaging substances and microorganisms, such as pollen, dirt mites, bacteria, and pet dander, etc.
2. Go for an AC that has a cooling and heating feature that lets you stay heat and cozy during winter with the built-in heater that some AC models have.
3. One that features a dehumidifier so that you can get rid of excess moisture in the air during the monsoon with this feature.
4. Has Auto-Clean Function that will prevent the growth of detrimental micro-organisms by preserving moisture away.
5. Features Sleep Mode that lets you save on energy bills by reducing cooling every hour.
6. AC condensers use copper coils to cool the air. Copper coils are famous as they cool faster, are handy to maintain, and have a longer lifespan.